Our focus is the ongoing commercial success of Bideford Town Centre and the wider Bideford Bay area. Every 12 - 15 months the Executive review our 5 year strategic plan to evaluate how we are performing. We want the strategy to evolve; it needs to reflect both the economic climate and local priorities.
You can download the complete strategy document "Strategic Plan for Bideford Town Centre & Bideford Bay 2013 - 2018" here.
For those who may just want a quick glance at our objectives, we have summarised these below:
Summary of strategic intent
Bideford Bay will position itself as a unique and individual place to visit for both residents and visitors alike. We seek to capitalise on our individuality in order to:
- Increase footfall from residents and visitors into town on a year round basis
- Increase the number of visitors into Bideford Bay during the holiday season
- Maintain and increase spend where possible within the geographic area
- Attract inward investment in order to provide jobs and boost the local economy
- Make Bideford a more pleasurable place to visit and live
- Seek to innovate, be aware of new opportunities and be constantly aware of new sources of income and align the strategy to these where appropriate